Monday, February 16, 2009

Prior weekend events

Haven't really been a 'dedicated' blogger so far, with Year 12 homework and what not. Endless readings and revising of Psychology, English, Media and English Language, my head has been bombarded with terminologies which seems to have eliminated my flow of 'creativity'. The only real subject that allows this has been Viscom (visual communication & design), however even that has suppressed it.

It's now, technically, been 2 weeks (tomorrow) into Yr 12. Ahh!! At the moment (despite being trashed with study), I am enjoying this school year far more than last. The buzz amongst everyone, knowing that THIS is their final year has created a socializing explosion.

Last Friday all schools in the state dressed in casual clothes, in order to raise funding for the Victorian Bushfires. The school that I attend is considered an 'alternative school'. Unlike other schools, we aren't required to dress in uniform. SO..we were all told to go in reverse. Every student was asked to dress in their old school uniform, or to borrow a friends. Now, some people were rather skeptical and just showed up in their normal gear. Others took to the opportunity, and went all out with theirs. And the remaining few, were reluctant.

I, was one of those who enthusiastic on the idea. As were most of my friends. So pulling out my old school dress, which had been vandalized as a means of my last day and pushing out the lenses of my 5 dollar market ray bans, it was off to school!! I started at 10:50, however due to slight excitement and summoning the ounce of motivation that dwells within me, I turned up at 9:15. I speant that time in the library, subtly spying on all who were drab and all who were fab. Then came recess, which was where everybody shined. To my discovery a few of the boys managed to borrow either their girlfriends or sisters dresses. A few of which kindly provided themselves with wigs. Another discovery which was predicted by alot of people, were the outfits worn by some of the girl students. It appeared that they had conjured up the sluttiest outfits hanging in their wardrobe, which had SOME school relation..and then cut them to an incomprehendable length. 

All in all though, the day managed to turn out pretty good. Everybody had fun and we managed to raise money for the fires. And just to top off the day Polly (my best mate) Jayo, and I bussed on over to Megs-the after school spot for us girls. We conversed in topics such as school, and boys and the all time regular..body types. So summing up these past almost 2 weeks of school, I am forecasting a kick-ass year!! 

Piccies at Megs







1 comment: